Our client is active in the maritime industry. Their activities focus on the operation of a fleet of ocean going, high-spec crude, product, and
chemical tankers. They are part of a family owned company that provides a full range of maritime services. For them we are searching for a HSEQ Manager, based in Amsterdam.
As HSEQ Manager and Designated Person Ashore (DPA) you will be responsible to expand, promote, protect, and implement policies related to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality in a diverse and international environment. HSEQ is key aspect to everything they do and this new managerial position is created to give additional weight and prominence to the ambitions in this area. You will work closely with a cross-departmental team and report directly to the Managing Director.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously improve on the awareness, implementation and enforcement of the safety management systems and continuously improve policies, procedures and processes;
- Act as DPA;
- Monitor, implement and enforce new rules and regulations, and ensure compliance;
- Prepare fleet circulars and alerts on important safety, navigational, environmental, regulatory, vetting, and Port State Control inspections;
- Follow-up on ISM/ISPS/ISO9001/ISO14001 audit findings onboard vessels;
- Follow-up on office audit findings related to Class DOC, ISO, TMSA;
- Continue the improvement and implementation of TMSA;
- Provide familiarization to new or promoted vessel staff on the company’s Safety Management System;
- Plan, prepare and execute HSEQ Trainings and Safety Campaigns for sea and office staff;
- Review and approve risk assessments;
- Manage and conduct incident and investigations and near misses.
- You have an Academic or Higher vocational education level / Master or Bachelor degree in Maritime or related field
- You have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in HSEQ in maritime or related industry;
- Preferably, you have 2 or more years of seagoing experience in a senior position on tanker vessels;
- You are systematic, curious, diligent, assertive, proactive, and eager to learn and promote new ideas;
- You are passionate when it comes to HSEQ related international rules and regulations, and maritime industry practices;
- You have strong managerial skills, such as time management, problem solving and decision-making;
- You have strong communications skills and feel comfortable in a diverse and international environment;
- You have a strong service mentality;
- You are proficient in spoken and written English.
WAT BIEDEN WIJ
We offer a new challenging role in an international company with values such as quality, teamwork, performance and respect. In addition to a competitive salary, you will be supported by the company to continue to learn and grow alongside a diverse team of international experts.
QHSE-Professionals is het werving & selectie bureau voor vaste banen en interim posities op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer de (pet