Our client is the world’s largest producer of renewable fuel refined from waste and residues, and they are bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. In
the Netherlands the refinery is located at the Maasvlakte. They employ about 170 people. During the last years they have increased their renewable diesel production capacity and it's their target to increase this capacity further. For them we are searching for a Site Development Interim Project HSE Lead from april 2021 till december 2023.
The Rotterdam Site has set the vision to develop and execute a major expansion project that will have a world class safety performance. This performance is a result of excellent cooperation and disciplined execution by a team and contractors who are passionate about safety. The HSE team supports and guides the project team and the EPCM contractors in building an open and constructive safety culture and a strong and comprehensive HSE master plan. The team provides assurance for safe execution of the project in the existing facilities and new to be developed site. The team has a very proactive attitude towards the highest standards of project and construction safety. The team actively communicates with the project teams, the HSE team of the running facilities and contractor HSE teams.
Main purpose of the position
The role of HSE Lead is to enable a World Class Safety performance for the project.
- Developing, growing and executing the project HSE plan during the project. Ensure information is kept up to date and relevant parties are made aware of changes and developments.
- Support the HSE Manager in leading the HSE team. Engaging team members, setting priorities & quality standards and ensuring disciplined execution of tasks.
- Running the Monitoring and Control program to verify contractor and worker compliance to HSE standards, agreed activities and legal requirements, including labour laws, Safety and environmental regulations and Security legislation
- Coordinating and executing audits en inspections. Provide balanced feedback to support continuous improvement, incentives and corrective action when required.
- Reporting and analysing systematically HSE data and information from observations, near misses and investigations. Highlighting observations to project management and provide corrective plans and activities to the EPCM contractor during the construction phase.
- Provide periodic input for KPI;s and HSE statistics
- Setting up the HSE communication structure together with the EPCM contractor and company.
- Develop formats and content for frequent safety communication activities such as HSE newsletters, banners & posters, safety meetings, training and alike.
- Manage contractor HSE induction, training and communication plans. Reaching understanding and support for HSE program elements, interventions and promotion campaigns
- Evaluate contractor HSE plans and risk assessments. Review, with support of the disciplinary specialists , construction related method statements, plans and procedures
- Guide and coordinate the environmental control program for the construction project. Monitor and control environmental responsibilities from EPCM contractors to ensure compliance with regulations and agreements.
- Coordinate the reporting and managing incidents and near misses. Respond to incidents and accidents. Lead or support incident investigations and contribute to the learning for experience process
- In this role you report to the HSE Project Manager Renewable Products
- Bachelors Degree (HBO) and HVK diploma
- You are an experienced Safety & Health Professional with broad perspective and experience with large industrial projects
- Passionate about HSE with an ambition and drive to deliver exceptional results
- Creativity and communication skills to develop and execute an effective HSE communication program
- Experience and knowledge to develop and maintain an open and constructive safety culture
- Organisational and influencing skills to support safety leadership behavior at all levels in the construction team and contractors
- Good command of Dutch and English language.
WAT BIEDEN WIJ
We offer a challenging role for a period of 2 1/2 years, fulltime at an expanding company in renewable industry.
QHSE-Professionals is een werving & selectie en recruitmentsupport bureau voor vaste banen en interim functies op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer energie, afval, recycling, food, farmacie, facilitair, scheepvaart, olie & gas, chemie, kunststof, offshore, metaal, bouw, infra, maritime, automotive, ICT en logistiek