Purpose of the jobAs Regional manager for the HSE organization in Europe, you are leading the improvement of the European HSE performance, compliance and safety culture. Located in Amsterdam, you provide support to the local plant QHSE team for approximately 25% of time. You provide communication and collaboration with Global HSE in establishing policy and HSE leadership. You ensure HSE is understood at the European sites in line with the global HSE standards/policy
Your Key Responsibilities• Provides strong leadership to drive strategic and technical improvements in and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate standards for all Europe sites.
• Assists facility HSE in managing relations with government bodies / agencies in regards to HSE.
• Development of Europe HSE team with proper expertise and coverage for sites by guiding and coaching site HSE resources, and performing tasks such as HSE training, regular HSE inspection/audits, fire protection, incident reporting & investigation, environmental management, occupational safety, process safety, emergency response, occupational health/industrial hygiene, … etc.
• Oversees the HSE initiatives, provides guidance and direction, and coordinates and facilitates HSE discussions.
• Coordinates and oversees the HSE management system Implementation, maintain, improve and support for sites in Europe.
• Develops and maintains effective HSE programs, fosters a zero-injury work environmental via proactive programs and interventions
• Participates with the leadership team in moving the organization forward in a progressive environment.
• Ensures implementation of HSE regional strategy in collaboration with business units & functions in Europe.
• Ensures proper Incident notification, investigation, RCA and corrective/preventive actions for Europe sites.
• Provides leadership and guidance in developing management systems and processes to support ISO certification (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001)
• In this role you report to the Director Global HSE
• You have an University or Bachelor Degree, majored in Environmental, Safety, Hygiene or Chemical eEngineering
• You have at least 10 years HSE working experience of which minimum 5 years working experience in chemical industry (manufacturing)
• You have at least 5 years management experience
• Knowledge of OSHA Occupational health and safety standards
• Environmental management experience
• Process safety management experience (conceptual knowledge of mechanical integrity, safety instrumented systems, relief design, etc.)
• Good knowledge of Process Hazard Analysis, Incident Investigation, Industrial Hygiene, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001
• Good knowledge of European and local (Amsterdam, Finland, Germany, UK) HSE and process safety regulations
• Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing
• Open-minded, proactive and leader personality
• Good presentation and communication skills, methodical, willing to continuously learn, accept new task, and inquiring personality.
• Interpersonal skills: the development of team harmony, helping others, work together with others, listen to others. Comfortable working with senior managers.
• Teamwork/Collaboration: Patient, careful and teamworker, you can consider the company’s overall norms and legitimate interests.
• Leadership/Management: Strong leadership to demonstrate execution and enforcement, even in conflict environment.
• Communication/Planning: supervision of factory inner safety affairs and time management capabilities to assist the Europe leadership in the implementation and management of tasks and duties.
We offer an interesting and challenging job in a worldwide operating company.
QHSE-Professionals is een werving & selectie en recruitmentsupport bureau voor vaste banen en interim functies op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer energie, afval, recycling, food, farmacie, facilitair, scheepvaart, olie & gas, chemie, kunststof, offshore, metaal, bouw, infra, maritime, automotive, ICT en logistiek