Our client is a company in the E&P / Oil & Gas business. They operate in different countries and employ 1800 people from which 600 work in the Netherlands. They have a strong focus on HSE. For them we are searching for an Environmental Coordinator with focus on Environment Permits. You will be placed in Zoetermeer with regular visits to Den Helder. You partly work for the Legal Department and partly for the HSEQ department.
As an Environmental Coordinator you are responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of all processes, systems and applications regarding environmental management in the local and global assets. You assist and advise the assets and technical functions in all aspects related to environmental management (general, projects and operations).
You are expected to work independently with no supervision of work and you are responsible for the quality of delivered products.
- You need to take into account information outside your own work and integrate it in your own area of responsibility.
- You are expected to provide comments and observations based on analyses of data/ information.
Main duties and responsibilities
For the regulatory team:
- Applying for permits with authorities;
- Maintaining contacts with governments, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Ensure that the conditions from the permits are met;
- Supervising and accompanying inspections by authorities (on the drilling platform);
- Ensure compliance with legislation;
- Keeping up with laws and regulations
For the HSEQ team:
- Daily support to Operations and/or Exploration and optimization of environmental performance.
- Initiate, lead and follow up environmental account systems and internal and external reporting. Reporting includes communication with the relevant authorities.
- Initiate, perform (if required) and follow-up relevant analyses, studies and development of relevant plans within the area of environment (e.g. risk analysis and impact assessments). This includes analyses relevant for oil spill protection plans.
- Contribute and participate in the development of processes, systems and methods to be used within the area of environmental management.
- Communicate up-to-date environmental knowledge to the organization ensuring the appropriate application of this knowledge.
- Ensure that all relevant governance is in full compliance with applicable regulations.
- Interface with relevant line managers and other country leaders and employees
- Interface with colleagues in other geographical areas
- Relevant Bachelors or University Degree;
- At least 5 years’ experience in applying for or licensing complex (environmental) permits;
- Administrative and social sensitivity;
- Good command of Dutch and English language;
- Experience at a comparable company, or as a licensing officer at an governmental department, or as an environmental manager at a consultancy firm is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, project skills and ability to perform under pressure.
Wat bieden wij
We offer an challenging role in an international company with a strong focus on HSE.