Our client is a company in the E&P / Oil & Gas business. They operate in different countries and employ 1800 people from which 600 work in the Netherlands. They have a strong focus on HSE. For them we are searching for an Process Safety Coach
The Process Safety Coach will contribute to company’s process safety improvement plan. In coordination with the Safety Culture program, this initiative will be instrumental to drive change and deliver health, safety and environment objectives. Reporting to HSE Manager (functionally to the Process Safety Manager), the role will be based in Den Helder (The Netherlands).
Main duties & responsibilities
- Deliver response to Process Safety queries from Operations by performance, or review, or analyses that require discipline knowledge.
- Review / Provide Process Safety support for MOCs.
- Provide process safety expertise for incident investigation, and development/ improvement of performance standards.
- Supports the Operations Major Hazard prevention processes.
- Leads/supports hazard identification and risk assessment studies (e.g. QRA, HAZOP, HAZID, etc.).
- Provide process safety support to compliance to the Offshore Safety Directive.
- Investigate process safety incidents and provide trend analysis.
- Identify opportunities for safety improvement, optimisation and risk reduction
- Provide process safety training, mentoring and development
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the global organization.
Context and environment
Regular offshore visits must be expected
Internal and external interfaces
There is a requirement to work cross functionally and interface with all disciplines within the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or related) or equivalent
- Extensively Experience in oil and gas upstream process safety (+ 15 years) is requiered
- Knowledge and experience in design, operation and modification of upstream offshore oil and gas processing facilities
- Experience in operational support and coordination of multidiscipline activities
- Working knowledge of hazard & risk analysis (eg. HAZOP, HAZID, QRA, etc)
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills (both in motivating employees and influencing stakeholders)
- Proven communication and organisation skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English
Wat bieden wij
We offer an challenging role within an international company with a strong focus on HSE for a contract assignment for year.