Our client is a company in the E&P / Oil & Gas business. They operate in different countries and employ 1800 people from which 600 work in the Netherlands. They have a strong focus on HSE. For them we are searching for an Process Safety Manager.
The Process Safety Manager is accountable for end to end process safety. You will develop and lead company’s process safety improvement plan. In coordination with Safety Culture program, this initiative will be instrumental to drive change and deliver company’s health, safety and environment objectives. Reporting to Operations Manager, the role will be based in Zoetermeer and Den Helder.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Drive strategies, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Integrity Management Standards (GOIMS) and Netherlands process safety regulations (Offshore Safety Directive).
- Develop and implement NL process safety improvement plan including:
- A process safety awareness campaign
- Assessment and improvement of process safety competency/resource levels
- Assessment and improvement of maintenance & integrity processes (incl. KPIs), management of change processes (incl. Risk/Hazard assessment, etc)
- Developing a continuous improvement plan
- Drive multidisciplinary task force with immediate focus on leakages and uncontrolled hydrocarbon releases.
- Overall project/plan coordination and reporting
- Assure coordination with operational, project & engineering, HSE and regulatory teams.
- Lead/contribute to incident investigations. Ensure consistency in reporting to identify trends.
- Provide discipline expert support and coaching across NL company.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the global organization.
Context and environment
Occasional travel, including offshore, must be expected.
Internal and external interfaces
There is a strong requirement to work cross functionally and interface with all disciplines within the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or related) or equivalent
- Extensively Experience in oil and gas upstream process safety (+ 20 years) is requiered
- Knowledge and experience in design, operation and modification of upstream offshore oil and gas processing facilities
- Experience in operational support and coordination of multidiscipline activities
- Expert knowledge of hazard & risk analysis (eg. HAZOP, HAZID, QRA, SIL assessments, LOPA, Hazardous area classification, dispersion analyses etc.)
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills (both in motivating employees and influencing stakeholders)
- Proven leadership, communication and organisational skills.
Wat bieden wij
We offer an challenging role within an international company with a strong focus on HSE for a contract assignment for year.