Our client is a technical supplier for the shipping industry, with logistic and warehouse services. They employ about 150 people in the Netherlands and are part of an international operating company.
Your main responsibilities are:
Initiate, implement, maintain and follow up (inter)national regulations and QHSSE related issues and requirements to;
- Quality Management System (ISO 9001) and Safety Management System (Veiligheidsbeheerssysteem/VBS/ BRZO);
- Create, modify and implement procedures on the intern Management system;
- Take corrective and preventive actions and verification of Improvement Potentials (customer complaints / investigate near miss incidents / accidents) and perform internal audits;
- Ensure implementation, training and coaching for understanding QHSSE specific guidelines and tools to (new) employees and third parties;
- Support Environmental and other QHSSE permits / approvals;
- Promote a Continuous Improvement and Health & Safety Awareness culture in the organization. You are a pro-active member of the Health & Safety Committee
- Coach and support on QHSSE related matters and give advice to Management in the Netherlands.
- Submit data (i.e. IP overview, accident reports / statistics, audit findings) to management for business- and management review;
- Site Security;
- Maintenance building, technical facility management (‘hands on’);
- Request quotes from suppliers of technical facility products and services;
- Safety / working permits;
- Archiving contracts / certificates;
- Adequate follow up of alarms / malfunctions during access services and Stand by Duty (outside office hours) ;
Support internal departments on:
- Disposal of (chemical) waste;
- The reporting of a spill / leakage to local authorities and follow up;
- The necessary training / toolboxes to employees on e.g. dangerous goods (ADR / IATA-DGR / IMDG);
- Follow up on internal qualification lists.
You also are Prevention officer (Occupational, Health & Safety) and Emergency Response Officer.
In this role you report to the International Distribution Centre (IDC) Manager Netherlands, you have a dotted line with the Group QHSE manager.
Education & experience
- Higher Vocational Education (HBO) and Occupational Health & Safety Expert certificate (MVK /HVK)
- 3 – 6 years of working experience in QHSSE, preferably in a BRZO company
- Internal auditor / assessor (ISO 19011 or IRCA)
- Knowledge of ADR, PGS 15, AEO, Dangerous Goods
- Basic training Emergency Response
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO 9001:2008 , VBS / BRZO), PGS 15, AEO, OHSAS 18001;
- Knowledge of (internal) security systems (preferable)
- Good command of the Dutch and English languageBasic knowledge of IATA, IMDG and Air-freight Security (preferable)
- Driver’s licence (B);
- Clear ability to engage with managers and staff to encourage and sustain a genuine commitment to QHSE performance
- Open and articulate with personal presence and the ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels.
- Energetic, self-motivated, pro-active team player
- Good developed analytica,problem solving and didactical skills
Wat bieden wij
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic, international organization with opportunities for personal growth.