Our client is a offshore and subsea company active in Oil & Gas and Renewable Industry.
Purpose of the job
As QHSE Manager you ensure that the company is in compliance with all standards and legislation in the field of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment. This includes maintaining and developing the company’s certified management systems, quality assurance in tendering, project management, risk assessment and cooperating in audits.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Act as focal point for QHSE matters you ensure that QHSE standards within the management system are current with legal requirements and industry practice;
- Responsible for the QHSE part of the annual Management Review;
- Responsible for management reports, including summaries of incidents, non-conformance and audit reports and QHSE statistics;
- Responsible for the BHV organisation and verification of emergency preparedness through conduct of drills and debriefings;
- You maintain contacts with clients, authorities, trade and professional QHSE organisations;
- Responsible for HSE training/familiarisation for permanent staff, offshore professionals and subcontractors;
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, implementation and monitoring of the Management System and QHSE documentation and procedures;
- You monitor the performance and follow up company wide and you monitor project risk assessments and plans;
- You provide operational support with QHSE related topics in the tender-, implementation and project phase;
- Responsible for operational support, training and advice to implement correct level of QHSE awareness;
- You review project related QHSE documents, ensure compliance with project, company and local legislative QHSE requirements;
- You participate in operational meetings
- You lead the investigation of incidents, analysing, assessing corrective measures and monitoring the implementation of corrective measures;
- You monitor the implementation of activities to prevent reoccurrence;
- Responsible QHSE Reporting and analysis;
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring timely close out of incidents, non-conformances and audit reports and carry out investigations where required;
- You communicate QHSE matters through meetings, safety alerts etc;
- Responsible for external, internal, project, supplier and sub-contractor audits;
- Responsible for the translation and provision of information about new legislation, regulations and corporate guidelines and implement them as applicable;
- Responsible for the Technical Authority Organisation and assisted by the Technical Authorities Diving, ROV and Rope Access for discipline specific knowledge and input for the approval of discipline related documents and incidents / accidents, including investigations and reviews.
- In this role you manage a QHSE engineer and you report directly to the Managing Director
- An Academic or Bachelor’s degree (preferably in health and safety).
- Professional qualification in Safety, Health and Environment (UK NEBOSH Certificate, NL HVK opleiding, Preventie Adviseur 1)
- Multiple years relevant experience in a similar position in the Maritime Industry (Offshore Oil & Gas/Energy/Wind/marine contracting sector)
- Good knowledge of risk assessment techniques so as HIRA, HAZOP, FMECA.
- Good knowledge of and experience with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, VCA** and preferable OHSAS 18001:2007.
- SSC/VCA certified, Qualified Lead Auditor, BHV qualified.
- You are pro-active and have a hands-on attitude;
- You are able to communicate on all different levels; from work floor up to management and clients
- You have strong reporting and organizational skills;
- You take initiative and inspire others with your enthusiasm;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, spoken and written.
- Competent in using Windows: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Visio and Excel.
Wat bieden wij
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic work environment. There are many opportunities for professional and personal development. You come to work in an informal and hands-on company.